Government science R&D in Germany has been on a steady increase for the last decade, with the country making large investments in scientific and technological innovations. According to the “Education and Research Figures 2017” report released by Germany’s Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), the German government’s expenditures on science R&D is estimated to total €17.2 billion ($19.1 billion at €0.90 = $1) in 2017, up 8.9% from the estimated 2016 target of €15.8 billion ($17.6 billion). In 2017, R&D alone makes up 75% of total science R&D spending (total R&D) by the government. “Total R&D” as defined by the report includes R&D as well as “academic teaching and education, and other related scientific and technological activities,” such as feasibility studies and information services.
- Analyst Observation On 2 Stocks: Alamos Gold Inc. (AGI), Illumina, Inc. (ILMN) October 19, 2017
- Earnings Approximations to Watch: Agilent Technologies, Inc. (A), The Mosaic Company (MOS) October 19, 2017
- Xerium Technologies, Inc. (XRM) Reaches $4.71 After 9.00% Down Move; Bio-Rad Laboratories ... October 19, 2017
- Analyst Stock Recommendations For Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (BIO), BBVA Banco Frances SA ... October 19, 2017
- Discussion stirs around Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN) this week; here is what analysts are saying. October 19, 2017