Thank you for your interest in BioInformatics LLC careers. We have 1 current open position:
Job Title: Online Community Manager
As our Online Community Manager, you will be the key interface and ambassador to members of one of the world's largest online professional networks for life scientists -- The Science Advisory Board (www.scienceboard.net).
The position combines community engagement, community growth, and customer service. The Manager will design and implement external marketing campaigns to significantly grow and retain membership and will play a key role in launching the Science Advisory Board’s redesigned online community. The Community Manager crafts and refines user experience and delivers excellent customer service for members. External outreach includes email and online advertising initiatives as well as invitations to participate in science-based research surveys, focus groups, and in-depth interviews.
- Shepherd the re-launch and continual development of The Science Advisory Board website (Slated for launch 4Q 2014)
- Conduct online promotional campaigns (email, social, keyword ads, etc.) to meet member recruitment goals, to effectively retain current membership, and to enhance member involvement
- Locate and recruit eligible members of the scientific community; recruit top scientists to lead/participate in online discussion groups
- Develop relationships with professional societies and related online communities
- Identify, create, and distribute new content for The Science Advisory Board website; promote user-generated content
- Expand The Science Advisory Board's online presence through multiple venues (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogs, etc.)
- Create effective and diplomatic external communications to members
- Manage the site’s ticketed customer service portal
- Conduct database and email list maintenance
- Manage member incentive fulfillment
- Staff The Science Advisory Board exhibit booth at scientific conferences
- A Bachelors Degree in a relevant marketing field or life science degree with strong marketing expertise and experience.
- Familiarity with online community management
- Proven track record of successful traditional and social marketing initiatives
- Preferably a working knowledge of life in a scientific laboratory and, in particular, an understanding of how scientists use the internet/social media
- Experienced and effective with traditional and social media marketing techniques
- Familiarity with website content management systems (e.g. Drupal, Social Engine, WordPress)
- Comfortable writing and reviewing copy for email, web content, surveys, and advertisements
- Ability to create concise and diplomatic external communications and to effectively resolve customer service issues (generally via email)
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly skilled with MS Office suite and web-based software solutions
- Ability to perform complex database queries
- Can work well with minimal supervision in a team-oriented environment
- A high degree of initiative, energy, and ability to work independently
Salary will be commensurate with your experience. We offer a convenient, Metro-accessible location in the heart of Arlington, VA and an exciting work environment. Employees receive a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare coverage (including vision and dental), up to three weeks of Paid Time Off, a 401(k) plan, and short/long term disability insurance.
Preference will be given to those candidates who are available immediately and you must already be eligible to work in the US. Please know that all resumes will be carefully reviewed but due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to individually acknowledge every application. You will be contacted within five business days if selected for an interview and skills evaluation. Please email your resume with a cover letter describing your qualifications and salary expectations to email@example.com or fax to 703-778-3081.