Best Practices for Advertising to Life Scientists: Online and in Print
|Publication Date||Feb 2013|
Check out a Q&A with Dr. Robin Rothrock, Director of Publications at BioInformatics LLC
Key Findings Included
If you are in charge of creating, positioning and calling a scientist to action through print or online ads, then our newest report, Best Practices for Advertising to Life Scientists—Online and in Print, is for you.
We got advice from over 897 scientists about their online and print publication preferences, their penchant for a variety of types of ads and what inspires them to buy. The report includes detailed information on scientists' shopping habits, what their preferred ad content/platforms are, and which publications they read the most.
For more on the topic, check out For Life Scientists, Advertising is Online and Print, Not Online vs. Print, BioInformatics LLC director of publications Robin Rothrock's post on our blog.
With this report you will be able to:
- Determine which devices scientists are using to read/view web content
- Understand preferences and usage of print vs. online publications
- Find out how researchers search for products and services (e.g., favorite search engines, search terms, frequency etc.)
- Understand value placed on sponsored links; (e.g., Google ads)
- Measure usage and preferences of multiple types of print and online ads
- Assess awareness and usefulness of 20+ leading life science publications: online and print
- Find out the degree to which scientists are using QR codes
- Identify the most attractive sites and page positions for banner ad placement
- Measure the prevalence of ad-blocking software
- Determine the relative value of major types of sponsored content: online and print
- Find out which type of ads scientists are responding to most: print vs. online.
- Determine the overall receptivity to advertising in the life sciences
- Identify the most memorable online and print ads from 2012
Free key finding:
Going beyond usage and preferences, this report also uncovers areas that might be undermining your advertising campaign. You’ll find out whether or not labs are using ad-blocking software and what scientists are actually doing with the publications you spend your advertising dollars with. If they're reading it and passing it on, you’ve got a winner. But if it remains untouched on a stack of unread magazines, you’ll want to know about that, too. And we’ve gathered detailed information about the exact types of online ads that scientists tell us get on their collective nerves.
Best Practices for Advertising to Life Scientists: Online and in Print will enable you to critically examine your current print and online advertising strategies. From this primary research report, you will be able to identify specific steps related to ad creation, format, placement and calls-to-action — guidance provided directly by researchers and their experience with life science ads.
Want to learn more about what's in the report? Drop me a line anytime!
703-778-3080 ext. 13 or email@example.com
Section 1: Analysis and Interpretation of Survey Results
Perceptions of Print and Online Advertising
- Time Spent Reading Research-Related Content
- Reading Time Dedicated to Products
- Reader Behavior Differs Dramatically By Region, Segment and Age
- Opinions of Life Science Advertising
- Importance of Online vs. Print Advertising
- Importance of Online vs. Print Advertising by Region
- Use of Online vs. Print Advertising to Make Decisions by Region
- Importance of Online vs. Print Advertising to Make Decisions by Age
- Role of Advertising in the Purchase Decision by Age
- Effect of Online Advertising in the Life Sciences
- Devices Most Frequently Used To Access Research-Related Web Content
- Combinations of Devices Used to Access Research- Related Content
- General Search Engine Frequency of Use
- General Search Engines Used
- Response to Sponsored Links by Region
- Sponsored Link Click-Through Response
- Sponsored Link Click-Through Response by Region
- Sponsored Link Click-Through Response by Age
- Perception of Sponsored Link Accuracy by Region
- Perception of Sponsored Link Usefulness by Region
- Product-Related Search Term Combinations
- Use of General Search Terms
- Online Publications Read/Visited
- Likelihood of Sponsored Content to Engage Potential Customers by Region
- Likelihood of Sponsored Content to Engage Potential Customers by Segment
- Likelihood of Sponsored Content to Engage Potential Customers by Age
- Customer Perceptions of Banner Ads by Type of Website
- Banner Ad Click-Through by Web Page Position
- Customer Engagement with Different Types of Online Ads
- Annoying Attributes of Online Ads
- Vendors Who Created Memorable Online Ads In 2012
- Use of Ad-Blocking Software
- Effect of Print Advertising in the Life Sciences
- Time Spent Reading Product-Related Sections of Print
- Scientific Publications
- Usefulness of Print Sources for Informing About Products/ Services
- Likelihood of Sponsored Media to Engage Potential Customers
Print Scientific Publications Read
- Life Scientists Are Selective Readers of Print Publications
- Number of Readers per Print Copy of Scientific Publications by Region
- Likelihood that Scientific Journals Are Saved
- Likelihood that Scientific Journals Are Saved by Region
- Actions Taken in Response to Print Ads
- Vendors Who Created Memorable Print Ads In 2012
- Life Science Tools Advertising in the General Media
Section 2: Methodology and Questionnaire
- Questionnaire Overview
- Questionnaire Design
Section 3: Appendices
- Appendix A: Additional Analysis
- Appendix B: Other Publications
- Appendix C: About BioInformatics, LLC
- Appendix D: Our Valued Clients
Our team of business and science analysts conduct primary research and market analysis so you can use our reports to inform relevant and timely strategies.
If you don’t see what you are looking for, or need help with ordering a report, call us at 703.778.3080 extension 13. Or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shop with Confidence
You can be assured that your personal and payment information will be handled on our secure server with the highest degree of confidentiality.
Stay in Touch with Us
Let us send our monthly NEWSLETTER straight to your inbox. Enter your email here.